I have spent too many years overlooking my successes. I jump to the next idea so fast that I barely give myself a moment to feel any pride in my accomplishments.
When I stop to think about it,
I have come such a long way from the kid who was so painfully shy that I barely spoke a word.
This was going to be a post where I talk about why we should celebrate our accomplishments. Then I realised that it’s probably best if I just go ahead and do it, not just talk about it.
(Available in small and large sizes – Learn More)
So let me share and celebrate a few things about me!
- I have lived and worked in many places around the world from South East Asia, to Australia, Europe and beyond. I have taught English, worked on farms, cleaned ski chalets, worked in kitchens and offices and factories… all the jobs.
- For quite a few years I hitch-hiked around Europe with Steve, the love of my life who I am still with 21 years later. If you can make it living on the road, you can make it anywhere!
- When I was 14yrs old I experienced the classic awakening, I watched the film La Strada by Fellini. Life was never the same again. I have a university degree in filmmaking and spent a good chunk of years writing, directing and producing films.
- Hiking is my jam!! I have walked hundreds of miles through forests and deserts to ancient sites and beautiful lakes. Now I drag my kids out to these places, they don’t appreciate it yet.. but they will!
- I play the guitar and sing – like a rock star! Well, I feel like a rockstar and that’s what counts right?!
- My kids have the BEST sense of humour and we are always laughing! Except when they’re screaming and fighting of course.
- I have no formal art qualifications so I am basically a self taught artist. I have had many wonderful teachers though so what even is a self taught artist? We learn from the world around us right?
- I am blessed with the most beautiful and inspiring friends. Truly. My people are incredible.
- No matter how impossible they may seem, I always follow my dreams.
How’s that for a start? Just for today, don’t be self-conscious, don’t be apologetic and don’t feel inadequate. Celebrate yourself. Give yourself some credit and share it with the world!